I recently signed up to install and become a member of StumbleUpon. StumbleUpon is a social website that allows you to customize your site search by selecting your interests from a broad list of topics. When you press the ‘Stumble’ button sites that meet your personalized specifications are immediately ready for you to view. The sense of personalized service is realized plus the ever popular sensation of instant gratification. My bet is that this appeals to most human beings. Be aware that for this social website to really work you must select “like” or “don’t like!” for every site that you view, this action either ques the site for instant viewing or deletes it from your customized list.
This means when a user clicks a Like button on your webpage, a connection is made between your page and the user. Your page will appear in the “Likes and Interests” section of the user’s profile, and you have the ability to publish updates to the user. Your page will show up in same places that Facebook pages show up around the site (e.g. search), and you can target ads to people who like your content
So, how can this figure into your own website’s SEO (search engine optimization)? The power to generate more attention to your website over time is always a hot topic. Try this and let me know if it has helped you.
1. go to this address: http://reviews.stumbleupon.com
2. enter your url
3. if it does not show up, I’m sorry, select visit this site type in your website address
4. hit the ‘like’ button on your menu bar
5. follow the directions & submit your “vote” of ‘like it!’
6. you have now started the population of your site on StumbleUpon!
7. have your friends sign up to StumbleUpon and do steps 1-5 with your url. In time it adds up!
I recommend that you connect and get involved with Facebook and StumbleUpon